Sunday, August 11, 2013

Julep Intro Box

My Julep Intro box arrived Friday, and it was . . . a huge disappointment. I only paid $3.99 shipping with the code "freebox" so I can't complain too much. But it has such wonderful reviews, I'm hoping the bad formula was a fluke.


I took their style quiz and came up with "Classic with a Twist." You can keep changing your answers until you get the set you want, but I was happy with the selection so I went ahead and ordered it.

I got two nail colors, "Helen" a violet tinged beige and "Claudette" a creme finished brick red. They're .27 oz each, which is really the perfect size for trendy colors that will go bad before you finish them. Unfortunately, I think Claudette already went bad . . .

Here's a photo next to my Siberian Husky puppy, for some perspective on size:


He's either moving ligthening fast or thinks everything put in front of him is for eating, so this was the best I could do. But back the bad, bad formula:


Yes, those are bubbles you see. The formula is incredibly thick and the brush wasn't helping matters. I tested Helen out on another finger, and it wasn't as thick, so I'm hoping the bad bottle was a fluke, because I love the concept (and the price!)

It also came with a full size (4 oz.) tube of Julep Mint Condition Pedi Creme. Like foot creams are prone to do (why???) it has a strong mint odor, but it's not offensive. There are no parabans in the formula, which is always a plus. It absorbed quickly and wasn't too greasy. Time will tell if it actually cures my chronically cracked heels. Despite bimonthly professional pedicures, wearing sandals 6 months out of the year takes its toll quickly. 

The foot cream alone makes it worth the $3.99 I paid, but I'd be very disappointed if I had paid the full price of $19.99. Not sure if I'm going to keep subscribing. I'll reserve final judgment until I have a chance to do a full manicure with the other color.

No comments:

Post a Comment