Sunday, August 11, 2013

August Birchbox Review


My August Birchbox arrived on Friday. I didn't love everything in it, but definitely worth the $10. I half get these boxes to have a treat in the mail (since mom doesn't send them to me anymore since graduating college and becoming a real adult) and half to try new products.

I'm most excited about the Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer. It's a generous-sized .5 ounces. I've loved everything I've used from Juice Beauty. My skin has been breaking out and drying out from my attempts to combat it, so I can't wait to use this.

 
I think I checked the "wavy" hair box when I first joined Birchbox and both products are for curly hair. The Super Sweetback Treatment is an "essential deep treatment for growing out naturally curly, kinky and wavy hair." I figure it can't hurt since it's dry as a bone here in the Arizona desert. I can always use more moisture. The other is "Rapid Recovery Treatment" which bills itself as the "essential deep treatment for repairing dry brittle curls." Maybe a sign I should acquiesce to my husband's begging and go back to being blonde? I'll need all the moisture I can get if I do that.

They're each .46 ounces, and should be enough for long hair, and maybe two treatments if you've got medium length hair.



I was really bummed last month when I didn't get the bobby pins that everyone else seemed to have gotten, so I totally welcomed these this month!


Here's a teensey bottle of Violet Oasis Organic Moroccan Argan Oil. There's a pic next to my 80lb Rottweiler mix for scale. I've never heard of the brand, but hey, that's half the fun of these boxes. You can use argan oil as a hair treatment or even on your skin.


The Turkey of the box is the Model Co. Party Proof lipstick in "Dusk till Dawn." It's full size and it does smell great. But yech, the color! It's a very 90s brown. It would go great with your baby doll dress and Doc Martens. So I wasn't heartbroken that it arrived a little smushed.

Still loving my box of monthly treats from Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment